Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wrapping up 2011..

One evening in December of 2010, I was blog surfing like a mad women looking for nothing in particular. I found this blog: http://www.gritandglory.com/one-word-2011, and it was exactly what I was (or wasn't) I was looking for. A new resolution of sorts, a fresh start for the new year and a new way to think. After reading the post, I was hooked and knew I was going to to it for the new year. 2011 was going to be great. 2010 was less than desirable, with many many unexpected events and a lot of trials. It was frustrating and I couldn't be happier to leave the year behind. Then 2011 came. Hope was my word. HOPE. I prayed and thought about that word every day, all year. Honestly, some days it was only thing that got me through the day. As the year went by, it became harder than I ever thought 2o10 was. And that one word got me through it. I had hope. I still have hope. But, I have a different perspective of hope. Initially, I thought if I just had hope in my heart, about the issues that I carried, that they could eventually have a good end. Instead, all the answers to my problems turned the complete opposite way, a way I even struggle with. I couldn't figure out why I got nothing I was hoping for. Then I realized that hope was there all along, amidst all the tradegies of the year, with me, my family and everyone around me. Somewhere along the line, I realized that the root of hope was different than what it seems on the outside. I realized how important family is, what a great support system we are for eachother and that the real stuff that matters are the events of your life, not the physical stuff you own.

I am a different person with a different perspective now. Hope is there, hope is all around. Thanking God for the beautiful world and a new day of living gives me hope that whatever comes my way, I can handle it and hopefully be able to offer a little hope to others along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment