Saturday, January 21, 2012

One Word 2012

Again this year, I am doing One Word: http://oneword365.com/. If you haven't done it, its not too late to try. It is the only "resolution" of sorts I can keep every day of the year. I really thought hard and prayed about what my word should be and as I thought of 2011, one word really stuck out....Engage.

I spent a lot of 2011 being a loner of sorts, trying to sort out my life and get it figured out and organized, just going from day to day like a zombie, just getting by. I had a lot of great intentions too. I also realized I have a lot of people in my life of whom are so important, I cannot express how much they mean to me. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do even the small tasks on my "to do" list such as sending a card I couldn't accomplish. I just couldn't be a good supporter no matter what I did. Queue in the word Engage. I want to Engage with the people that are important to me, Engage in a better community as a whole and Engage myself in my faith. I also want to engage the compassion that sits deep inside me and engage my spiritual gifts to be able to offer the world what I have. I can be the person and Christian that I am deep down, I just need to engage in those feelings so I can implement these things in my every day life.

Let's go 2012. Nothing's going to stop me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment